We’re pairing good times and unforgettable moments with delicious food and great wine!
Try this juicy Beef Fillet with Portobello Sauce recipe today!
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 2 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1-3/4 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, optional
Place a large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat; brown steaks on both sides. Remove from pan.
Add mushrooms and wine to pan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Mix flour and broth until smooth; stir into pan. Stir in all remaining ingredients except chives; bring to a boil.
Return steaks to pan; cook, uncovered, until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°), 1-2 minutes per side. If desired, sprinkle with chives.